Friday, January 29, 2010
Thursday, January 28, 2010
"Gotta open yourself up, how can you find the one if you push him away first"
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010
I happened to glance at my calendar last night and saw the Valentine's Day was fast approuching...booooooooooooo....I have no boo, no plans so it shall just be another day for me beside my Daddy giving me cards and flowers nothing special will be going down *sigh* and like clock work my cousin Danny calls yesterday to ask me for creative and out the box ideas for things to do for his Girlfriend for valentine's day *sobs* being the loving cousin I am I pull some shit together to make things special for her.....and I was thinking I need share this with the world because I know I'm tired of the usually roses and dinner...smh...step the game up on em. So here they go...
- If giving flowers no roses pleeeaase they are so very common step the playing field up get some tulips, lilies, orchids etc....just stop with the roses if you can purchase them at the grocery store we don't want them.
- Stop with the usual out to dinner.. plan an indoor all dessert picnic. Buy some bubbly and dessert custom made cupcakes, cheesecake, expensive chocolate no drug store or godiva lay a plush blanket in the livingroom light candles and make it all about her.
- Buy a packet of glow in the dark stars and stick them on the ceiling above the bed to spell out a message like "I love you" when the lights go out the message will be revealed.
- Buy a heart shaped sterling silver mirror and get "This mirror will forever hold the image of the most beautiful women in the world" engraved on it.
- Serve breakfast in bed...using a heart shaped cookie cutter and make heart shaped pancakes, toast, and melon.
- get an old pill bottle to make a prescription of love. Fill it with heart shaped candy..create an label that says "take twice daily with a kiss"
- Dress up the bedroom. Buy and put on new luxurious bed sheets, light candles, drop rose petals, buy massage oil and lingerie... expensive top of the line lingerie.
- Sexy Scavenger hunt...When he comes home, he'll be greeted by a note explaining instructions and leads him to his first clue. each item he finds will lead him to the next until he reaches the grand prize YOU..naked or in some sexy lingerie.
- Make an homemade gift box filled his favorite things...candy, movies etc...this one can work both way fellas you can do this too! shout out Epitome for these two ideas.
- You can never go wrong wit tickets to his favorite sporting event..football, basketball, boxing even if you hate it learn it just for that one night.
- Cut out hearts in various colors write things you love about him and post it around the bathroom mirror so when he walks in the bathroom its the first thing he sees.
- Buy flavored body paint write his name some where on your body and send clues via text while he's at work where he can find it when he gets home.
- Switch the roles up. be the dominate one. You book the expensive hotel...and of course pay for it...order the room service..run the bath water all the little things that they spoil us with. Make him feel special..they do it for us all the time its okay to spoil them back.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
My cousin Leah who is Haiti right now working as a nurse sent this email to let us know she is ok..Just wanted to share it gave me Haiti from her eyes...
I know by now you all have heard about this morning after shock I just wanted to drop ya’ll a line to let yall know that I’m perfectly fine and so is my group. So don’t worry about me ya’ll know I’m a thug for sure and no earthquake can keep me down.
My time is here is life changing compared to some of the other spots I have visited. When I stepped off the plane I could feel the sorrow and death in the air it was the most eerie feelings I ever felt in life. We walked down dead body-lined streets with nothing but destruction on them, something I thought I would witness while watching movies. From the time I touched I have done nothing but work…no not work HELP!! If I didn’t have to sleep to survive I wouldn’t its to many people injured and dying I just want to be up every waking minute to bring them some kind of comfort. I have seen people walk into this make shift clinic walking, talking and smiling but leaving out of here in body bags…that’s how things are here now. I’m watching people die from things that just shouldn’t take your life. A broken leg shouldn’t leave a child motherless or fatherless but here that’s what is happening. My days are filled with making the best of what we have which is much of nothing. Right now as we speak we have no IV left and I’m sterilizing things with alcohol…. vodka that is. Despite how we are in the need of more supplies the Haitians here are filled with appreciation and prayers for all of us. At night when I’m making some of my last rounds I join some of them in Prayer thanking God for one more day…one more day of suffering for them. I wish I could stop all the moans and cries that fill the air with pain but I can’t I shed a tear everyday before I hit the floor for this country and its people. The have to be the strongest people in the world to endure so much trauma and still have faith in god.
Yesterday I sent off one of my littlest patient to the Israelites hospital to get better treatment. He was only 7 or 8yrs old and had lost his family to this earthquake, in his eyes I could see glimpses of my son and nephews I just wanted to hug and hold him to give the loving care that he really needed he lost his foot and now was suffering my infections that we couldn’t treat. Right before he left he whispered to me “Se pou Bondye beni-w anpil” which means god bless you, IDK why but it just touched a cord with me and I cried on and off for hours. It was the mixture of sadness, joy, pain all wrapped up into one that just over came me. I once thought I was a strong person and could endure almost anything because being a nurse you have to be but I see now these people are the definition of strong. They have no home, some have no family, no food and water for the first couple of days here and death is all around but they still carry themselves with much pride and respect. Weak…. they are not.
When I first arrived here I said to myself this is going to be no thing I ‘ve been in some bad situations, hell I was there for the After math of Katrina and thought it couldn’t get any worse but here in Haiti it has. You know I’m in this program with all these high class ass white girls who just aren’t mentality ready to be here on more than one occasion I hate bring these lil bitches back reality and remind them just because they are poor doesn’t mean they are stupid stop treating them that way…smh…lord I wish the world was more cultured then we bring them up to be. These heffas were so happy when the Haitian orphans were sent to the there families…let me remind you their White families. You know I’m far from racist our fam is full of colors but that’s what It boiled down to. A senator charters a plane her to bring them to there families and we won’t let planes land in this country that have aid. Doctors without boarders are still waiting for there portable hospital to arrive something that we NEED. Those children were fine…no injuries…in good health had supplies and food so why couldn’t they wait one or two more days to be shipped out so aid could arrive? Just makes me wonder where are heads are at. Well I got to go duty calls I hope this email makes it to you guys…Mommy, Dana, Kiah and Keisha.stop crying while reading this cuz I know you cry babies are I’m ok…I’m doing what god put me here to do. I hope those tears are 4 Haiti and not for me they needed it more than I. James you are the best husband in the world thanks for stepping up and becoming a single father while I work to save your homeland I know this is hard for you since we haven’t heard from your mother and Aunts but you know I LOVE YOU to death and We will get through this. Kiss Pierre for me and tell em Mommy loves him.
Ok..i’m out for real this time
Ps..Yes Kiah, Dana and Keisha I finally got to wash up today and that letter for Degree will be written tonight cuz they the best!!
Love ya’ll again,Leah.
I have people tell me all the time that they never dream when they sleep...but of course they do they just don't remember them. We dream and we all dream every night. For the past couple of months my dreams have been outrageous and crazy. From dreams of being a drug dealer to having a house full of kids and not being able to view my husbands face they have kept me entertained. One thing all these dreams have in common is my one of male friends lets call him..Mail Man.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Friday, January 8, 2010
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
"I ain't a gold digger but I don't do broke n*ggas!"
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
I was in the bed last night up way to late watching the style network, when one of there new shows came on called "What I hate about me". It features women who come on and discuss and change the ten things they hate about themselves...from being to tall to not being able to bake a cake each shows features a different who want to change. As I watched this women muster up the courage to share her inner demons it made me wanna do the same and maybe like her sharing them will help me get over them....hopefully....and since most of you who read this minus a couple of ya'll don't really know me anyway so if you judge me...and if they do so what..