About Me

My photo
The DMV, United States
I'm young, black, single and fabulous!!! Trying to live my life to the fullest before its all said and done with . I'm just trying to figure it all out!

Followers

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

To Cure Lupus....

I meant to post this awhile ago but i have been so busy with useless shit I forgot about important stuff than myself....
The Alliance for Lupus Research is one of those foundations that I keep close to my heart. My Aunt currently suffers from Lupus and As a child and adult it one the hardest thing ever is to watch her suffer from this disease. She has good days and bad one but when they are bad they are real bad. For all of you who don't what Lupus is...Let me drop a little knowledge on you so you can get an better understanding...

Lupus is a chronic, autoimmune disease that can damage any part of the body (skin, joints, and/or organs inside the body). Chronic means that the signs and symptoms tend to last longer than six weeks and often for many years. In lupus, something goes wrong with your immune system, which is the part of the body that fights off viruses, bacteria, and germs. Lupus strikes mostly women of childbearing age (15-44). However, men, children, and teenagers develop lupus, too. Women of color are 2-3 times more likely to develop lupus. People of all races and ethnic groups can develop lupus. There is no way to cure Lupus just manage it with Medication.

This year on Nov. 7Th 2009 the walk to cure lupus will occur in Washington DC and One of my Friends will be walking not only for all the people of the world that suffers from Lupus but more importantly his mother who lost her battle with Lupus in 2005. He needs our support in raising money for the cure. His team goal is $500.00 and Currently his team is at $125.00. You don't have donate alot just a dollar to his support but it all would be greatly appreciated.





Click that Pic right there..... To show your support! Thanks.....


No comments:


Twitter