About Me

My photo
The DMV, United States
I'm young, black, single and fabulous!!! Trying to live my life to the fullest before its all said and done with . I'm just trying to figure it all out!

Followers

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 20

20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.


1. The funeral of my cousin Tremayne. I might have been 8 or 9 years old but I remember everything about that day to a tee. It was the first real tragedy my family ever had, his murder rocked our lives. Wow..sitting here thinking about it I can still remember what he looked like, the casket color, what I had on and I still remember sitting in my older cousins lap and she crying into my back. It was something I tried to forget but my memory hold a strong hold onto that one.

2. Killing a possum with a stick…lol..my family still talks about that day. I had a turtle in a tank in the back yard and the possum got in there to eat the food that was left behind. I saw it along with my sister who went in the house to tell my father. I was scared he was going to eat my turtle Frank, so I picked a stick and beat it to death. My father arrived shortly after ready to shoot it but he was too late lol

3. My first day of school. I hated my mother for making me leave the confronts of my grandma’s house and off to this foreign place. I cried at the bus stop and when she put me on the bus, I cried even harder, I screamed don’t leave me and she just waved. I got to my classroom and cried some more and then my mother and brother appeared in the door, I thought they came to save me but they let me behind. I spent most of that day crying, I still remember Joseph Banner giving me his teddy bear and tissue, he told me that it would get better. I stopped crying when it was time go home and I was the first one the bus that afternoon. That was the beginning of me hating school

No comments:


Twitter