About Me

My photo
The DMV, United States
I'm young, black, single and fabulous!!! Trying to live my life to the fullest before its all said and done with . I'm just trying to figure it all out!

Followers

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 6

A day late but at least I did it....



What is the hardest thing you ever experienced?




I have written about my best friend Ro and how his death affected me. October 2007 was one of the hardest months and that following year really tested how strong I am. His death changed my whole outlook on life, my faith and everything in between that. He was killed in a car accident, thrown from the car and he died on impact. Never in a million years I would have thought that I would live life without him. The days following his death is a blur to me, I just remembering not sleeping much and being forced into eating. I had no desire to do anything, work was far from mind, and to be honest I just wanted to sleep my life away. I have never in my life experienced that time of hurt or grief, I completely lost who I can, I gave up on a lot of things. His death caused my secret drinking problem that I kept away from anyone who was close to me; I shut them all completely off. Not a day would go by for almost a year that I didn’t have a drink or two or three. That was my way of numbing the pain of his death, one day I confessed it all to my brother and that led to me getting myself together. Almost 5 years later, it’s still a day to day process to heal after his death; he had known him so long and loved him for so long the pain is still present. I often find myself becoming sad by the fact he is not here anymore but I have come to terms with death. Overcoming it was the hardest thing I have ever endured and I have been through a lot of things that could’ve broken me. His death is forever scripted on my heart, mind and my soul.



No comments:


Twitter